We're working hard to make reenrollment for 2020-2021 run smoothly with the addition of new contracts and payment programs that will benefit our families. Please take note of an important change that comes with using Blackbaud and Smart Tuition: Both parents are required to sign contracts so that all parents have access to the Smart Tuition payment program. Your enrollment contract, and your child(ren)'s re-enrollment will not be complete until both parents have signed.
1. Click here to log into our new enrollment portal, Blackbaud. This will be the first time our families are using this system. Your username is the email we have on file for you. Click "first time logging in," after which you will need to create a new password. Follow the prompts to generate a new password and log into Blackbaud.
2. You will then see a message that you have contracts to accept. There will be a different contract for each child in your family. Please complete only ONE contract per child.
3. The first prompt when you open a contract will ask if you have a Smart Tuition account with Akiba Yavneh. Smart Tuition is the provider we will be partnering with for the processing and collection of tuition and fees. Since this is our first year using Smart Tuition you will answer "no" and an account will be created as you complete the contract for the 20/21 school year. Click here to learn more about Smart Tuition.
4. Pay the reenrollment fee of $375. The fee is for each student and is non-refundable. If the enrollment contract is completed, but the fee is not yet paid, the contract is considered incomplete.Re-enrollment for the 2020-21 school year is underway. You will receive an email with instructions on how to re-enroll as we are using a new system.
Please remember that payment of the enrollment fee is required electronically as you submit your enrollment agreement. Your submission will be incomplete if payment is not included with submission.
Tuition Assistance is available for those who qualify. To learn more about Tuition Assistance, click here
The enrollment contract is a financial commitment.
After May 8, 2020, the family will be obligated to pay tuition and all fees according to the terms shown on the enrollment contract.
All tuition and fees agreed to be paid under the enrollment contract are due and owed at the stated times except:
• If the student is withdrawn on or before May 8, 2020, no Net Tuition is payable, but if any Net Tuition has been paid, it will be refunded in full.
• If the student is withdrawn after May 8, 2020, but before the first day of school, 25% of Net Tuition is owed.
• If the student is withdrawn on or after the first day of school but within 30 days after the first day of school, 50% of Net Tuition is owed.
• If the student is withdrawn more than 30 days after the first day of school but before the beginning of the second semester, 75% of Net Tuition is owed.
• If the student is withdrawn after the second semester begins, 100% of Net Tuition is owed.
The School is confronted with costs when preparing to educate an enrolled child and it is the family's obligation to pay as stipulated to alleviate some of the hardship the school faces when a withdrawal occurs. Exceptions can be made, at the Head of School's discretion, when a family moves 50 miles or more from the school, or G-d forbid, when a serious illness occurs.
The School reserves the right to accept or decline enrollment of any student at its discretion, and for any cause deemed sufficient by the School. A positive and constructive relationship between the School and a student's parent(s)/guardian is essential in the fulfillment of the School's educational purpose. Thus, the School reserves the right not to extend enrollment to a student and/or to terminate a student's enrollment if the School reasonably concludes that the actions of parent(s)/guardian(s) makes such a positive and constructive relationship impossible or otherwise seriously interferes with the School's accomplishment of its educational purpose or mission.
The School reserves the right to withhold report cards and/or student records until any past due tuition and fees have been paid.
Need more information?
Contact the Admissions Office at (214) 295-3515 or email@example.com.